Sunday, September 4, 2011

Utensil Holder Makeover

I love to play with texture and colors.... and for some reason I love brown and white combination.

One of my latested crafts was refinishing my old utensil holder. And that's what my finished makeover looks like.


I used:

my old utensil holder, you can use any pot or vase, that you have around your  house.

2 colors os Suede Lace, you can find at any craft store. (Michael's has a bigger roll of 25 yards). -- don't forget to use your coupon.

Glue, you can use hot glue, but for this project I use Weldbond.


How to do it:

Start from the bottom, gluing the first part of suede lace in place. Then keep gluing the lace all the way around.

 I just did the outside of it, but you could  finish your holder off by wrapping the lace around the inside, it’s up to you.

I love the simplicity of it. I had some left over lace and i decided to do some embellishment with it ( be creative!!).


 If i get tired of it, i just turn it around and have a simple look.


The natural white color of the suede is just so beautiful.

Have fun creating....I would love to see pics of your project.




No comments:

Post a Comment